YOGA + SUMMER + KIDS = FUN
A weekly yoga class to get your little yogi moving, breathing, playing, and thinking mindfully during the summer!
Join Yoga Vie and Deborah Marsh, RYT200, for this fun introduction to yoga for kids ages 6-12 years old. During this 9-week summer program, your little one will learn to move their body mindfully, engage with their peers and environment, and learn the basics of yoga in a light and playful way.
More than just fun, the benefits of yoga for youth include:
- Better ability to focus on school work and navigate social interactions.
- Reduced stress, increasing both physical and mental health and well-being.
- Increased flexibility and strength.
- Increased body awareness, as well as mind-body connection.
- Increased cognitive health. Humans evolved to learn while in motion. Anthropological studies tell us as much, and current cognitive research consistently reinforces the fact that physical exercise boosts brain power.
- Mindfulness practices have a synergistic effect, helping kids regulate, attend, build agency and develop a sense of safety through supportive social interaction.
About Deborah Marsh: A 200 RYT, high school teacher Deborah has made yoga her passion, on and off the mat. She is the advisor for the Lompoc High School Yoga Club, has years of teaching experience, and has taught yoga to many of the high school sport teams over the last year. She is currently becoming certified in the Yoga Calm program, a school-based curriculum for teaching yoga, mindfulness, and social-emotional learning to school-aged students.
COST: $80 Summer Pass | $10 Drop-In
Sign up for the Summer Pass to get all 9 weeks of the summer program at a discount, plus 10% off any retail items in the studio.